Galaxy G2-12 Connection to Aritech AS614

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Hoping to get some info on the correct connections for an AS614 Sounder fitted to a Galaxy G2-12 board on an existing system. I am an Electrician although I have never worked on alarms but I have been asked to look at this SAB replacement as a favour.
My guess is:

Galaxy .................... AS614
+12v ...................... 3
0v ......................... 4
T .......................... 5? + 6?
Bell ........................ 2 (With 1k resistor to 3?)
Strobe .................... 1 (With 1k resistor to 3?)

In the AS614 Manual the Tamper Connections (5 & 6) are shown as separate contacts.
So are there
1. Two separate tamper switches? internally connected to +12v or 0v, with both cable cores connected to 'T' at the Galaxy PCB.
Or
2. One Volt Free Contact across connections 5 & 6, with one core connected to 'T' at the PCB and the other to 0v or +12v.

Do I need to cut any of the AS614 jumpers or can they be left alone?

What are the resistors for? Wire break detection?

Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
I think the AS614 is negative removed from memory ....( SCB ) unless they have changed it....plus you do know you require a 7.0 ah battery for it ?

Hi Thanks for the quick reply.
I have a battery for the AS614.
I am not sure what you mean by negative 'removed' should that be negative return?
thanks
Ian

No it means the bell or strobe activation is negative removed ...the reverse of what normal bell or strobe activation is ...it may be adjustable on the newer units ...

Sponsored Links
Ok. Switched in the negative leg. Never heard the term 'Negative Removed' before.
I dont have anything other than really basic info on the AS614 and I cant seem to find anything more comprehensive.
So I cant say if it is this type of switching applies to the Tamper circuit.
The strobe/siren positive or negative switching can be selected by cutting links but the Tamper is not mentioned.
Cheers
Ian

The tamper is just a loop ...so normally you can either connect across a zone and make it 24 tamper or link one leg to 0v if you want to use the tamper return input on your panel ...
I would test this on a piece of cable before installing it ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back