Aritech AS614 Tamper Circuit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I fitted an Aritech AS614 alarm box wired back to a galaxy alarm panel but I could not get rid of an alarm box tamper fault. The cable tests out ok and shorting the tamper cable core pair together in the sounder box gets rid of the fault.
If I put an ohmmeter across the microswitch and operate the switch it changes from open circuit to closed circuit, so the switch is OK.
If I put the ohmmeter across connections 5 & 6 (tamper output) on the Aritech PCB it is open circuit. when I manually operate the switch the Tamper output does not change state.

The Sounder box is wired
1= Beacon (1K to +12v)
2= Sounder (1K to +12v)
3= +12v DC
4= - 12v DC
5= Tamper
6= Tamper

So my question is does anyone know how the tamper circuit is wired on the Aritech PCB, possibly to include extra functionality in the Tamper circuit?
I could cut the wires to the Microswitch and wire direct to the outgoing cores. would this cause any issues?

Thanks
Ian

Sponsored Links
cant say I am familiar with the panel or the bell box.

You are saying that the switch when tested works but not the terminals used for the tamper on the bell box.

Is there power to the bell when you are testing the tamper circuit?

Hi
Yes there was power to the bell box when I tested the tamper circuit and yes the switch when tested works but not the terminals used for the tamper on the bell box.
I remember checking each output terminal of the tamper loop against pos and neg supply (with the cores back to the panel disconnected). Trying to workout if there was some PCB link to either pos or neg, I came to the conclusion there was not a link. But if there was some thing 'extra' happening on the pcb power could be required to close the tamper circuit.
Thanks for the reply.
Ian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back