Galaxy Dimension GD48 - not sending push notifications for all groups

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Hoping for advice from @GalaxyGuy (as you've helped me before), but grateful for any assistance anyone can give!

I have a Galaxy Dimension GD48 with the ethernet module set up with GX Remote-Control. It's all been working great for a while now, but I noticed something wrong this weekend which I've not been able to sort!

I have 2 groups set up. Group A1 is the house, and Group A2 is the detached garage. This is great as we leave the garage full set the whole time other than when we are accessing it, whilst the house is set when we're out, and unset when we're in during the day and part set at night.

At the weekend we had a false alarm. Something in the garage fell against the window (which has a shock sensor). After I cancelled it though I noticed that no push notification of the alarm made it through to my phone. All you can see is an UNSET notification from when I cancelled the alarm.

I strongly suspect this is the first false alarm we've had on the garage group A2. When we've had a false alarm in the past which was triggered on the house group A1 though, I know I definitely got push notifications. It occurred to me that this must be a group-level setting (if you have groups enabled).

I've been searching for how to set this up and I'm struggling. From the manual I felt sure it was something in 56.4 (Communication/Ethernet), and then I noticed 56.4.02.1.1 (trigger events). I have SIA level set to 3 (is that the best setting?), then looking at all the options here, they do appear to be set to status ON and for all groups. Also looking at 56.4.02.1.2 (group settings), the account number, IP address and port are all set the same for both groups.

What am I missing?

Obviously, testing whether any setting change I make has worked will be tricky as I don't want to annoy my neighbours!

Thanks,

Steve.

Sponsored Links
Double check the garage sensor is programmed for group 2.

The sensors are programmed correctly yes, and I should have mentioned the event appears in the event log fine for group 2.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-111157_SelfMon VKP.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-111157_SelfMon VKP.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Screenshot_20210413-111702_SelfMon VKP.jpg
    Screenshot_20210413-111702_SelfMon VKP.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 92
I seem to have a memory that there's a couple of things that Honeywell don't support on the free push notification.

Sponsored Links
Have you ensured that each groups triggers have been set ? When you program 56.4.2.1.1 there is an option 2 when groups are enabled. In that option 2, you need to ensure the account, IP and port number are the same. I cannot say if Honeywell's push notification supports this, but selfmon certainly does.

upload_2021-4-13_19-21-57.png

Thanks. Sounds like you're confirming I'm looking in the right area at least?

I'm still poking about. I notice that when you have groups the account no, ip and port can be set generically and per group. That is:

Account No: 56.4.02.4 and 56.4.02.1.1.2.1 (group level)
IP: 56.4.02.2.1 (primary) 56.4.02.3.1 (secondary) and 56.4.02.1.1.2.2 (group level)
Port: 56.4.02.2.2 (primary) 56.4.02.3.2 (secondary) and 56.4.02.1.1.2.3 (group level)

I don't have a secondary set.

All 3 match across all entries, but slightly strangely, when I access the group level IP entry 56.4.02.1.1.2.2, when I come out of that screen using ESC or ENT I get a message "Duplicate Entry". I'm not sure it's a problem though?

I checked the 3 settings (IP, port and account no) against the values in my account on the GX Remote Control app and they do match. I do remember some time ago Honeywell out of the blue changed the ip address and everything broke, but that's not the case now.

I wonder whether to try clearing the group level settings as the next step as the manual is a bit ambiguous as to whether you do or do not have to have the settings at the group level if they are the same. It says:

Each of the events are signalled to Primary IP/Port Numbers programmed in menu option 56.4.2.2 and the account number programmed in 56.4.2.4. However, each group can be programmed to transmit event details to a unique IP address and port number, with a unique account number.​

The use of the word "can" maybe suggests you don't have to?

It's weird as I'm sure that this worked on previous false alarms, but now I'm wondering if maybe it's broken for all group level events and I'm only seeing SET and UNSET notifications, etc which are not group level events maybe?

Clearly, the most worthwhile use-case for the push notification is to alert you of an alarm trigger when you're away from your home. I don't really care so much about when the system is being set/unset - though it does allow me to keep tabs on my wife's movements!!

Btw I did an Engineer test and that works, plus it sends a notification each time I enter and exit engineer mode.

Btw what is the best/easiest way to test this - ie triggering an alarm condition without the alarm sounding - to test if my changes affect the notifications?

Agree that the groups level is to provide an override from the default port. I'm just used to RSS populating this for me which must be a quirk.

To test, temporarily reprogram your bell output as a spare. Just remember to change it back when finished.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back