Galaxy flex problem aftert replacing keypads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced the old keypads on my Galaxy Flex 50 with a pair of new Mk7s.
I had not expected to run into difficultites, but..

I entered Engineer mode, removed the first old keypad, replaced it (taking care to wire the same way (red to +, Black to -, Green to A and White to B.. and connected the resistor across the A and B terminals as per the old keypads..). The Keyboard banner appeared and all seemed in order. The rotary selector was set to 0.

So then I repeated the process with the second keypad.
The keypad illuminated, but no text banner.
So then I removed and reinstated power, and the setup routine ran, firstly a string of start across the banner for a minute or so, but then after another minute short pause, I've not managed to restart the syetem, and am getting problems that are inconsistent from one attempted restart to the next..

On one occasion, the banner showed as 'Alert in Progress', with a solid green LED on each keypad, and no keys or codes seemed to unlock it.
On all other occasions, while the EE horn is sounding (beeping), the front LED on both keypads flashes rapidly and the banner is empty.

I've unmade and remade the wiring connections on both keypads a coiuple of times, bt am not stuck.
I suspect the second keypad may be faulty, but am guessing. I could try reinstating the old keypads.. but would be glad of any ideas /advice..

Thanks,
Jon

Sponsored Links
General fault finding applies. Return the known good. Ensure address selectors are set the same as the part being swapped out. Pressing 'esc' will refresh the display after connection.

Many thanks. All sorted.
One of the rotary switches was slightly off. D'oh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back