1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Galaxy FX050

Discussion in 'Alarms, CCTV & Telephones' started by BlueGrass, 13 Feb 2020.

1. BlueGrass

BlueGrass

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello

I have recently purchased a property and found it to have an alarm system already installed.

There is a grey metal box which says Galaxy FX050. It has a wire leading to the telephone socket, another to the main fuse box and a third one to two small square boxes and a keypad. The control panel has a ADT logo on it.

The wires lead to the telephone socket is not connected to it, neither is the one to the main fuse box. I opened the control panel and there is a small battery inside which has been disconnected.

My question is can I use this?

If I can, can I set this up as a standalone alarm system. I dont really want to pay a subscription to anyone.

Thank you

Please let me know

BG

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sircerebus666

sircerebus666

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    There's a member on here called galaxyguy who is the expert on all things here to do with galaxy systems , hopefully he will be along to help you

• Like Like x 1
  4. GalaxyGuy

GalaxyGuy

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, yes you will be able to reconfigure the system to run stand alone. Also, if you add an A083-00-02 or A083-00-10 Ethernet card (~£100) you can also self monitor via push notifications and have full remote control of the panel when away from home using Honeywell's free GX app.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local