Galaxy G2-12 Momentary Keyswitch Zone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am trying to integrate a Paxton Net2 access control unit with a Galaxy G2-12

The issues I have had are more Paxton related but hoping someone can advise on whether I can tweak something with the Galaxy or put something in between.

My main issue is getting the Paxton to set and unset the alarm. I have discovered that Paxton is doing this based on a momentary keyswitch approach through a relay where I believe the Galaxy is not momentary. I can find no reference anywhere apart from one line in a forum post from someone stating that Galaxy is not momentary.

So the Paxton system will set the alarm as it switches the relay then switches back. The galaxy stays set however unsetting is the problem. It will unset the alarm but as soon as the relay jumps back after its momentary timeout period the Galaxy starts beeping until I enter my code. Unfortunately I cannot increase the relay delay in paxton beyond 10secs.

I'm now a bit stuck on how to approach this.

My arrangement is similar to the last diagram at the bottom of the page with the left hand relay config. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/galaxy-g2-20-keyswitch-zone-help.518092/

Sponsored Links
I can set Net2 to go no to nc or nc to no for a set time upto 10seconds before it will jump back.

I though relay 2 could be set to toggle
1A20CD6F-39A7-4E3B-8A19-0D014C444D04.png

Sponsored Links
I'm using the intruder alarm portion of net2 which uses a different relay and section of contacts on the controller. This allows you to set certain people the ability to set and unset alarms and so on. You can see the tab for it in your screenshot.

The Galaxy Dimension will allow you to use a momentary keyswitch, the G2 you are stuck with latching keyswitches only, which as you've discovered is no good for the Paxton integration. You'll need something like a handy relay module to give you a toggle output from the momentary output of the Paxton. Have a look at Interface Solutions or TK Consultants.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back