Galaxy G2-20 do I need resistors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, mr keen DIYer here :D
Trying to install the above in place of some 10 year system that wouldn't work..... got all the codes, manuals etc
Just wondering about these resistors that came with it!
Got 7 existing PIRs (some Texecom units circa 10 years old), can I configure the zones 'Normal Closed' ie without resistors? Also the unused zones, can I just leave the connections as is ie open or should I install a metal loop or resistor?
Thanks for any info!

Sponsored Links
The panel can be programmed for normally closed zone types (no resistors fitted) by setting menu option 51.46.1 Be aware that by selecting this configuration, you then lose the zone specific tamper reporting for each circuit.

With the Galaxy, you program each unused zone as 'Spare'. The panel then ignores the zone. However, to avoid signal hysteresis on the control panel PCB, it is _also_ best practice to fit a link (N/C mode) or resistor (balanced mode).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back