Galaxy g2 20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i added a new honeywell pir to the system. When i walk past the sensor the light comes on detecting movement. I need to add the pir on the keypad. I can get into engineering mode but I'm not sure what to do next.
I did a walk test on all zones but it didn't activate. I suspect i need to enable something
Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Sponsored Links
You need to program the new pir onto your zones by going into engineering.
Program zone option 52

Hi i did this. I changed one from spare and enabled it. When i went into walk test nothing happened. It makes me think i have not connected the pir correctly. I will have a look.
Could you tell me which ones should be connected please? Many thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171204-195850.png
    Screenshot_20171204-195850.png
    545.8 KB · Views: 105
Galaxy control panels require EOL wiring with 1k/1k resistors or a detector with EOL built into it

Sponsored Links
Ok i will pop to maplins and buy one. I guess its fairly simple after i have that?

Thank you for helping.

Hi i don't think ive got it right. Zone enabled but on walk test nothing happens. What have i done wrong please? These are 1 k resistors. At the board they are wired the same as the other pir. However the other pir have a different labelling inside

Thank you

Attachments

• 20171208_144416.jpg
    20171208_144416.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 105
That wiring is correct.
Have checked the zone programming ?
You could swap the wiring into a zone that you no works,that will prove the detector and if ok then programming wrong

Ive put a photo up of the board. The new pir is on the far right of the photo. Is that correct? From the manual it says i can work the zone number out. I can't from that. Any idea please

Attachments

• 20171208_174225.jpg
    20171208_174225.jpg
    359.2 KB · Views: 169
What zone number have you programmed the new pir onto in option 52 zone program ?

That's wrong
Should be 1015 and should be programmed to spare and you need to change to intruder

Thank you I will give this a go in the morning. I didn't know how to work out the number from the board :)

No joy sadly. I tried all of them up to 1018. Nothing worked on walk test and it keeps saying tamper when trying to come out if engineer. Back to drawing board to look at wiring. There must be a mistake in there

Link out all the on used zones with a 1k resistor. This will prevent any zone programming issues.
You could have changed zone programming on the in used zones.
Remove new pir from system.Is the system now clear of faults?
Remove the pir from zone you no thst works and put wires of new pir in that zone,if every thing is clear then check your programming for the new pir.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back