Remote Fobs for Galaxy G2-20

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Looking for some help please. Inherited a Galaxy G2-20 with a new (to me) property. System is c. 10 years old, but hard-wired and seems like a decent system when installed so no reason to replace.

I've had the system 'reactivated' (new battery, codes reset etc.) and I'm shortly getting a module added to enable the addition of wireless PIR(s) to the existing wired system. I don't know yet if it's an RF RIO or C079-2 that will be installed to faciliate the wireless PIR.

However, I'm also looking to add a remote fob (x2) to the system, so I can activate the 'night set' mode without having to walk down to the keypad (lazy or what!!).

I'm having difficulty in finding the 5804 or KTC805 remote fobs these days. I presume they have been replaced, but does anyone know which 'modern' versions of these remotes are compatible?

Also presume easy enough to program myself (I have the engineer's code and have found the instructions in the manual for pairing/reading the serial number etc)? Any pitfalls?

Thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
C079-2 installed and wireless PIR added.

Remote fob TCC8M arrived and paired succesfully. However - there is a button for 'part set' on the fob but there is no part set programmed into the Galaxy, only a Night set. Is there any way to default the 'part set' on the fob to activate the 'Night set' per the panel setup?

Thanks.

It does, thank you once again GalaxyGuy. I read the instructions which said the light bulb button was for a 'system status' check, so I didn't try it until your instruction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back