Self Install Galaxy G2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have purchased new Galaxy kit off ebay and other stores and will be attempting a self install/replacement from the existing wired alarm system.

I have

Galaxy G2-20 panel, bell boxes, PIRs, and Key pads. I am pretty sure I need to do the following and have the installer manual procured from this site already. What I can't quite get my head around is the order to do all of this in. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Replacement of existing bell box and dummy bell box
Replacement of existing key pad
Replacement of existing panel with Galaxy G2-20
Replacement of existing 4 wired PIRs
Replacement of existing 2 door sensors
Addition of a key pad (simple cable run)
Addition of 1 wired PIR (simple cable run)
Programming of unit with client codes and key prox

Sponsored Links
don't think you should be doing this.

you need the brains the panel and the keypad to control it connected before powering the system up as a minimum.

BUT you need to safely isolate the power going to the current system, 240V mains could kill before attempting the disconnection.
label up the wires going to your devices you'll find this useful later.

Sponsored Links
1. Disconnect the external sounder and silence it
2. Remove mains fuses to existing panel and disconnect mains
3. Label all the existing connections in the panel and disconnect them
4. Remove the panel
5. Install new devices wiring
6. Add new panel enclosure
7. Disconnect the sensors and replace
8. Wire in the new devices at the device and the panel (resistors are supplied with the panel - each sensor requires 2 x 1k resistors )
9. Power up and program. You can use display->zones and press the hash key to display the resistance seen at each zone by the panel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back