New Honeywell Galaxy G2-20 Wireless

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_6011.PNG
Hi Guys,

We currently have a 10 year old, wired, Nexus 8 intruder alarm. Intending to change it and got a quote from a company for £1000. Anyway...seen this Galaxy G2-20 wireless pack online and it seemed good value for money.

Questions:

1. Would it be easy enough to self install/replace the existing one with?

2. I assume (from looking at online manual) that the only wiring that would be involved would be between the keypad, control panel and RF portal?

3. How would I stop the bell box from going off outside if I was to change the panel about?

Appreciate the tips guys.

Sponsored Links
Keep the wires of your existing system if they are ok, wireless can cause problems that wired systems do not encounter.

You would need to disconnect the battery in the external siren or keep it powered by 12v whist swapping over.

There is a reason your being quoted £1000 and most of that is for knowledge and experience. Galaxy systems have fairly complex programming menus so I would not recommend for DIY.... You may be better off with a Pyronix hardwired panel & just reconnect all your existing wired detectors & add a Keypad.

Theres No point in going wireless, if you already have cables in place just change the panel and keypad. Retain the rest of the hardware

I find it strange that people find the programming of these panels complex. Once you get your head around some of the terms, they are really very simple. Only a few of the menu items need to be touched anyway. Perhaps complex a few years back when no internet existed and manuals etc were not available to the general public.

I'd say go for the Galaxy, they are really robust panels. Keep to wired where possible and come back with any questions if you need help.

Sponsored Links
Thanks GalaxyGuy.

I attached a photo of the above pack I was thinking of ordering.

I am happy enough with programming. Just wanted to check: would the only wiring that would be required between the panel, bell box, RF portal and keypad?

Thanks!

Yes, if going wireless, then bellbox, keypad and portal need wired. You may also want to add an internal sounder or speaker. The portal is usually wired near the panel depending on the location.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back