Honeywell Galaxy G2 Wireless PIR Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I have recently added a C079-2 RF module and SelfMon unit to my Galaxy G2. I have upgraded the panel settings to a G2-44 from a G2-12 thanks to the guide on Selfmon.
I have added a wireless door contact (DODT800GY-B) and that works perfectly. Open/closed/tampers all appear on the alarm panel and work.
I then tried to add x2 wireless PIRs. x1 IR800M and x1 IRPI800M. Batteries are brand new. In both cases the sensor registers when setting them to zones. A tamper on both PIRs shows on the panel however when motion is detected and the PIR LED flashes twice the panel doesnt show the open condition when monitoing the zone on the keypad and doesnt activate the alarm. I am running Home Assistant and I can see the sensor state change (set as alpha) when triggered but the open state only goes on for a fraction of a second before returning to closed when monitoring in Node Red debugs. I can see the changes in all combinations of open/close/tamper. I have set the dip switches for the sensors on pulse 1, sensitivity high, LED on. Loop 1 selected on the panel.

Any help would be appreciated to get the open to activate when motion is detected.
Regards

Sponsored Links
As the G2 panel doesn't support SIA, you will need to decode the RF portal transmissions. If your portal is set to address 5, set the vmod virtual RF portal for address 5 to 'read only' mode. You then need to decode the pportal mqtt topics. There's an example of the yaml code for this in the selfmon Facebook users group files section.

Thanks GalaxyGuy. Does that mean that the alarm itself won't ever be able to detect the PIR OPEN/CLOSED state, just the tamper state? Is there any reason that the door contact works fine with the alarm panel but the PIRs don't?

Sponsored Links
The alarm should be detecting the zone state. Be careful with wireless, as the zone will not keep opening and closing with every movement. To conserve battery power, the PIR will back off and only report again after a quiet period. So if you're testing, close the tamper, then get someone to walk in the room after a few minutes while you watch the zone on the panel display.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back