Galaxy G2: Installing the RF & Ethernet Addons & Res

The remaining zones are set as spare and z7 (my glass break) is set as intruder :(

If the wiring looks ok, i must have missed something simple, ill have another poke tomorrow.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Try option 21 view zones and see whats going on.
IE; Closed, Shorted, Taamper.

are all your resistor legs in the correct terminals (NC-C-TMPR) nothing should be in (EOL)

Sponsored Links
Recheck the terminations.
Make sure the lids all close down correctly.

Test the cable for open circuit. Tamper is open circuit.

Does the G2 have the # function to view zone resistance like the G3's? (dont use G2's sorry)

Go back into option 21, browse to your chosen zone and press the # key, it may show you the actual resistance of the zone (usually 1000ohm closed, 2000ohm when open), but may help decide if you have a short on your wiring or just need the lid closing correctly.

Yes it does.
However it would be showing "shorted" if it was shorted.

Double check ALL terninations. At joint boxes if any. In the detector, in the panel, and make sure the lids on correctly.

Then again hes asking for someone on the other forum to come over for half an hours work for a beer and some cash.
Anyone in Sheffield :D

Then again hes asking for someone on the other forum to come over for half an hours work for a beer and some cash.
Anyone in Sheffield :D

Gonna finish my wine and have a look. Cheers folks.

Offer of beer & £ remains :)

Ok, so my bad, not closing the glass break sensor = tamper :oops: :oops:

...closing the lid on the GB fixed my tamper.

Next stop, Internal Sounder, External Bell & RF Module

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back