Galaxy RSS

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
Could somebody explain to me what is the difference when installing Galaxy Remote Servicing Suite when it is asking standalone or network type ? I tried to find answer but never had luck with it.

Sponsored Links
A centralised version is available where each instance uses the same company database which holds all sites.

So the standalone version would be the network version ? Thank you for answering

No, the standalone version is the version that has its own local database. I think that's what most engineers end up using.

Some businesses even use the stand alone version centrally to the company and just remote desktop into it. This does have the limitation of only one engineer being able to work on a site at any one time.

Sponsored Links
So if i have let's say 10 GD-520 in different cities all connected to a private network already. That time which version would be better to use ?

If it's only you or you and a couple of others connecting to the sites, then the standalone version. Although it is stand-alone, it's still using a network connection to connect to the sites. It would not make sense to run the centralised version for 10 sites. It would if it was 100 sites and you had 20 engineers in different locales. I'll PM you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back