galvanised cable conduit

you have 2 lengths of pyro to each socket. or use 4 core pyro with a joint box at the ceiling as you said - the 4 core would be slightly thicker.

Sponsored Links
boing said:
The info I read suggested the same cable that carries 13A would carry 450A.
The same TYPE is what is probably meant here, not the SAME size, a cable selected to carry 13A would be a pool of moulten copper and MgO if you put 450A down it for any length of time! and a cable selected t carry 450A would not terminate in your 13A accessories!

That was where my doubt lay. But as you rightly surmised, the point of my question was to just check out if I could use the same pyro I might want to use for the ring, for the cooker radial as well
Are we talking abut a full cooker or just an oven? if a full cooker then you could but the ring would probably be over sized, if its just an oven then chances are the sizes required will be the same (but do consider if you are likely to install a leccy hob or full cooker at a later date)

I have seen some stuff about making up the ends and sealing it all off and fixing to the wall and surface box - that all looks fine.

Basically, and I've not peronsally done it, you slide the carrot and the nut for the gland onto the cable, strip the copper sheath, fit the pot, fill it wit compount, fit the lid and crimp it, rinse and repeat at the other end, zap it with the IR tester, then use the low ohms meter to indentify the cores, sleave them, thn screw into the rest of the gland and fasten that into the box.

But I probably wouldn't want to run it under the floorboards to the consumer unit (unless it has to be done that way).
If you are running it under floors I'd get PVC sheaved stuff and remove the pvc for the part on show

And I still don't see how to make a ring whilst running only one length of pyro to the socket
Is that a requairement, whats wrong with using the clips that hold two side by side, also consider a radial as opposed to a ring (you'll still need two drops to most sockets, but it might make more sense depening on layout of your kitchen[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back