Galvanized conduit in Garage

Sponsored Links
I offered no opinion on whether what you were doing amounted to restricted works as you had not made it clear what it was you were doing/intending to do.

Well you where clearly doing a number of underhand things:-

You are 'arguing by inflation', you point out there is are rules for doing electrical work and then leaving the reader to infer that those rules govern what the are doing. It was only a later post that you clarified that you didn't know precisely what I was doing. You are 'arguing by authority', I am a REC, there are rules, you don't know the rules and I know the rules, therefore you should yield to my authority - without being specific about which rules govern what they are doing.

DIYNot should be a forum for people to be able to ask open and honest questions, without risk of being shouted down.
Perhaps next time you will clarify first and offer opinion second?
Absolute nonsense. In fact many would argue that there is a duty to warn someone who may not be aware of it that what they are doing/proposing to do is highly likely to be unlawful and illegal.

It still isn't clear that what you are intending on doing isn't. Are you even familiar with what the Commission for Energy Regulation (CER) consider to be "minor works" - the only domestic
electrical works which are not within the scope of Restricted Electrical Works?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back