Gang Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am in the process of building a kitchen extension at the moment and looking at electrical options regarding isolation.

I have seen these gang switches which would control 6 items. In my case this would be 2 ovens, a built in microwave, induction hob, extractor fan (rising one) and a fridge freezer.

Am i right in thinking that the cable would go from the consumer unit to the bank of switches and then from the switches to the appliance? Is there enough space in these to be able to do this, i have 10mm for the induction hob.

Anyone done this already?

I would rather have all of the isolation switches in one place hence the gang solution

Lee

Sponsored Links
Switches and isolators using the grid system tend to be limited to 20 amp, there are some odd ones out, but one of the problems with grid switches is getting even two 4 mm² cables into the switch can be a problem, so often use conductors in parallel two 2.5 mm² cables one each end of the row of switches, but in the main induction hobs have a 32A feed, as do ovens, really most ovens only need 16A, but your looking at design.

Some one will need to complete a document saying they have designed the system and it complies with the regulations and has been tested to ensure it does comply. That person is the one to ask what you can do. In Wales it is law, not law in England but clearly the regulations should still be followed.

I am sure we have all at some times broken the law, done 35 MPH in 30 limit, and I really don't care if you break the law, so suggest you reword the question slightly, show us a picture of the 6 item switch, and ask will this switch take the load of a Econolux ART29206 induction hob or what every version you are using, the one I have quoted will work from a 13A outlet, many will not, so need to know exactly what you want to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back