Gap around boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After a bit of advice, need the gap around my boiler flue filled with something to stop the wind getting In see pic and was thinking of using fire proof expanding foam.

Would this be ok?

Attachments

• IMG-20160130-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20160130-WA0000.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 791
Sponsored Links
I would think not - you might hope the boiler chaps would have a specific product for this type of job and if it's a DIY permitted job they might even grace you with a reply.

Nozzle

What on earth makes you think filling in around a boiler flue isn't a permitted DIY job

Sponsored Links
During a recent boiler service the engineer informed me of the same issue. Easy DIY job he said but on NO ACCOUNT to use expending foam (could expend into boiler). Mortar or filler depending on inside/outside.

I take it that it has been mortared on the outside?? If so, why should draughts be getting in?

Use mortar both inside and out. Expanding foam us not suitable.

your boilers dangerous if its not been patched outside. dont use expanding foam as some flues are so flimsey they may deform.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back