Gap around shower, advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just plumbed in a shower and because of the way my pipes are there is about a 2" gap between the shower casing and the tiles. The shower is secured to the wall with long screws but I was just wondering if the gap will cause any problems and whether or not there is anything I can use to fill the gap such as some more chrome plastic etc. Would be grateful for your thoughts.

I've attached a pic to give you an idea about what I'm on about:

gap.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
omg! Can you not cut the pipes back and refit? Water will go behind and ingress into and behind the tiles, and then you will have more problems. There is not easy solution to your problem without doing a bodge.

If you want to proceed then you will have to pack it out and seal all round with a large amount of silicone sealant - Ugly! Not you the result. :LOL:

They may go directly up within the wall but they will have elbowed out horizontally to fit shower connections. If you have a couple of those tiles then I suggest you take them off and repipe behind for shower valve to fit. Retile and then fit shower again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back