Gap between patio door and floorboards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've attached a photo of the gap at the end of the floorboards where they meet the patio door, there has been a bit of mould on the walls to each side. I'm thinking maybe just to marine ply the floorboards at that location, in preperation to lay oak boards on top, but wondering if the gap should be filled somehow? Thoughts and advice appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220904_104506.jpg
    20220904_104506.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 45
Sponsored Links
If it was me I would just clean out the gaps and fill them. Good luck with marine ply. Have a read about it. It isn't watgerproof nor is it rot proof only the glue they use is waterproof, if you are lucky. What they sell as marine ply these days is ruubbish and it is called BWP. All the BWP stuff that I have bought for my boat including Buffalo Board has delaminated within six months. I don't think the Buffalo Board lasted that long.

Shouldn't be a problem to use underlay if the sub floor is properly vented and dpc isnt breached.

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back