Gap between shower tray and wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am retiling and fitting a new shower. The shower has brick walls on 3 sides. Im using the exisiting shower tray. One wall is not quite parallel to the shower tray, so that when i put the tiles I will use against the wall, it doesnt overhang the shower tray at the bottom and there is a 5mm or so gap between the tile and tray which goes down between the tray and wall.

Whats the best way to deal with this? The old tiles on the bottom row were tilted so they met the shower tray. I'd rather not do that as Im also fitting a shower door. Can I put a load of silicone sealant in there? Or is there a plastic type l-shape fitting I could use?

Hope Ive explained that ok?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Also, I have 300*600mm ceramic tiles to put up. Ive read I should be using BAL powdered adhesive and grout. Exactly which of these products should I buy? Im tiling onto plastered brick walls.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back