Gap between the rear of my cooker and the wall. How to fill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a freestanding gas cooker that won't fit right up against the kitchen wall due to the gas tap and piping.
This leaves a gap of about 1-2 inches between the back of the hob and the wall, which food likes to fall down.
Has anything been designed to fill this (a strip of metal would do). I have tried searching online, but as I don't know if anything like this exists and, if it does, what it's name is, I am having no luck.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
when I am stirring things, like pasta, whilst on the hob, things tend to get a bit messy and food has been lost down the back.

So you need some form of splash back, that can be built away from wall, closing the gap then?
what type of cooker is it model or pictures.

Sponsored Links
I use a flat to the wall connection point when I install a cooker, there hasn't been a cooker yet that I couldn't get back to the wall.

I use a flat to the wall connection point when I install a cooker, there hasn't been a cooker yet that I couldn't get back to the wall.
And a free standing cooker should over hang the rear and have an upstand at the rear to prevent just such a problem, was it omitted when installed.?

And a free standing cooker should over hang the rear and have an upstand at the rear to prevent just such a problem, was it omitted when installed.?
Not all cookers have much of an overhang, many have next to none, thats why I always carry 15mm-half inch backplate fittings on the van, as for upstands I cant think of many that have them.

If the electrical outlet plate was changed, it would need to to be notified.
so I don't think that will help the OP, unless they are willing to do that?

Here is a pic of a similar oven to mine. As you can see, there isn't much of a splash barrier at the back so food keeps falling behind it down the gap between the cooker and the wall

I am not sure I understand what you mean? Do you mean attach a splash back to the the kitchen wall that sticks out by a couple of inches thus covering the gap?

Personally I would have the Gas moved so that the cooker sits flush to the back. Much neater finish.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back