Gap between top of kitchen unit and quartz worktop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have fitted all my kitchen units.. all are level within 1-2mm of each other. However I have put in my sink which will be under me quartz work top. How is the quartz fitted ontop. The top of the sink raises the height and makes it unlevel now?

Sponsored Links
Your sink top is meant to be level with the units- or even slightly lower. How much higher is the top of the sink? 2mm? 10mm?

A 2-3mm gap can be lost using packers. Silicone will fill the gap. Much more and it’s a **** up

It's sticks up about 3 mm . The sink is designed to go under the work tops but has a 20mm lip all the way round which causes it to sit higher.

Ideally it should be flush with the tops of the units, but it will probably be fine. They just silicone the worktop down, not much precision about that part of the operation.

Sponsored Links
Did you build a frame for the sink to sit on? All this time and effort getting it right I would lower until it’s flush.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back