Gap filling gripper adhesive

bsr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Please recommend a gap filling adhesive to glue down gripper. It needs to cover 0 to 5mm holes in the screed from pulling up the old gripper, and where some of the self levelling has cracked.

Is standard no more nails ok or do I need something special? No time pressure, carpet fitter is not coming for 2 weeks so I don't need a fast cure.

My foam gun is knackered so ideally looking for something I can apply with a sealant gun.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Fix-all is ideal , carpet fitters often carry hot glue gun which takes 30secs to cure.

• Thanks
Reactions: bsr
Sponsored Links
Thanks All. I've seen flexy fix recommended on a carpet fitters forum but it's not easy to get hold of. I'll use the fix all and let it set for a few days.

Update, I used the fix all and it does work really well, I think it will take off the self levelling compound when it comes off!

Hard work to use though, need to squeeze hard to get it out of the tube, it's stiff stuff.

Or... you need a proper gun, a Cox for less than £20 will last you a lifetime and you'll never swear at a glue gun again.

If you can wait gripfill will be perfect.
That would seem to be the right thing to use as a
' Gap filling gripper adhesive ', I haven't used it on a gripper but it fills gaps and adheres as the name implies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back