Gap filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have just had an install by a large company and have a few questions regarding the install...i have asked it of them but i have the feeling im being lied to.

during install my two upstairs windows had a gap of around 5cm from the top of the window to the brick work also the window is set back from the lintal as its quite thin. Thing is, the outside has had plastic stuck on and so has the inside...this leaves a massive void inbetween and i seem to be getting a lot of noise, the company says they never fill the gap. Surely this cant be right???

Sponsored Links
By the sound of it your window is 50mm short, never mind being lied to about filling it you want to ask for a new window, this window probably won't meet fensa regs like it is so query that too.

The only reason i can think of for not filling it was that the expanding foam and lets be fair thats what they would of used would of pushed the trims off before it had stuck properly

New window im afraid :cry:

I have some pictures which i will upload later as it might help. there are also gaps at each corner. there is some insulation around the windows as i bought it and installed with my wife. Im not impressed with them...not impressed at all and what im told is that the company is not responsible for the cavity around the window. Sooooo not happy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back