gap needs filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was looking at Blue Circle Quality Assured Mortar (yes I know a lot hate pre-mixed).
I was wondering if this would be any good for what I need. Basically I have a gap between bricks of around 35cm x 5.5cm x 2.5cm roughly. Would I be able to use this as the information below is hard to understand. Not sure if I can use it in the size of gap I need filling

But the information says:
APPLICATION
Blue Circle Quality Assured Mortar can be used in very exposed conditions or for most general-purpose brickwork. It should not be used if sulfate conditions are present.

• Blue Circle Quality Assured Mortar may only be used for bedding or re-pointing bricks and blocks
• Blue Circle Quality Assured Mortar may not be used for general concreting, screeds, grout or render

Sponsored Links
35cm x 5.5cm x 2.5cm roughly
A gap between bricks...? Bit ambiguous. Seems to me by those sizes that you are trying to render very thickly (at 25mm) so I would say no, probably not suitable unless it is in a concealed/sheltered/unseen area.

Well it is a thick wall and at the front on ground level there is this long thin area that needs filling. There is bricks behind it also but it looks like some mortar has come off the front of this area leaving the gap 35cm wide x 5.5cm tall x 2.5cm deep very roughly. Possibly a bit smaller but I am guessing at the largest dimensions without going out back to measure.
It is at the bottom, right at ground level.

Yeah wasn't sure I could use this product seeing as it has those warnings on about usage.
Guess cement would be better then?

Sponsored Links
No to the cement

Even with the size of the gap and the restrictions listed for the mortar?

Had a proper look and its not as deep as I thought, probably 1.5 - 2cm deep and 4-5cm high. Still around 35cm wide.

It is more like one rendered area that runs at the very bottom of the wall only 4-5cm high lol or a thicker area of pointing right at the bottom to make the wall. Either way it has broken off which needs replacing

Last edited:
ready mixed mortar is a very good choice for small jobs, nothing wrong with it at all.
Better than lugging cement and sand separately then mixing them together with the plasticiser and having a load of spare cement to go out of date.

ready mixed mortar is a very good choice for small jobs, nothing wrong with it at all.
Better than lugging cement and sand separately then mixing them together with the plasticiser and having a load of spare cement to go out of date.

Yeah that’s why I thought about this stuff. Just never seen such restrictions on a pack before

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back