Gaps in shed- should I use expansion foam?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have recently had a custom shed built, everything is ok however there are some gaps at the top where the roof meets the top of the shed. The reason this is an issue is that due to the good weather there are a lot of spiders appearing through these gaps and spinning their webs around these areas. Now I am not too bothered about spiders but the missus is so I was thinking would it be a good idea to use expansion foam in these gaps or are the gaps necessary for ventilation? Thanks for any input

Sponsored Links
If you can make a garden shed spider proof, let me know.
I`ll finance the idea and we can be millionaires this time next year.

i thought men used the excuse of spiders in the shed to keep us girlies away from there precious tools.....

Sponsored Links
how about......filling in all the gaps with that foamy stuff.....then cut a neat air hole in the wall.....but cover it with really fine net....then the air could get in....but not the spiders.

foam goes everywhere how big are the gaps ??
could you use a beading or moulding nailed in to fill the gap
another option is a sheet off paper folded 4/8/16 times into a "V" and pushed in then it will spring open and seal the gap
have you got any pictures ??

I would say that the Gap are not necessary for ventilation as the wood should do that and I am sure they should not come with a gap at the top. I think expanding foam or maybe a mesh tacked onto the inside might work.

If the profile filler in the previous post don't suit then, yes, you can use expanding foam.
Depending upon your priorities it may look a little unsightly and will yellow with age.
Could cut it flush if that's your preference.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back