Gaps in the sliding patio doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have recently had our windows and sliding patio door changed. I still have a few issues with the installer regarding some relatively minor faults.

However, I have now found quite a big one. There are quite big gaps (about 2cm by 2cm) between the doors and the frame at the side of the rail (the pictures are below). I can actually see through to the outside!

I am wondering does it even conform to building regs? I have looked through them and it is all about U-value of the glass etc, but surely a gaping hole in the doors will negate any energy efficiency of the glass?

I have raised it with the fitter but he has been very difficult lately (unsurprisingly). I still have some relatively small outstanding balance to pay, but I am not going to pay it until he sorts out all of the issues. He is not very forthcoming though.

Here are the pictures (these are the lower edge, the upper edge has similar gaps):

Thanks

Kostic

Sponsored Links
Show us a pic from the outside, looks like you have a internal slider and on the outside probaly should have some sort of snap in cover

If i remember rightly shouldn't there be a square patch of brush pile fur top and bottom to fill this void, i'm sure the KAT patios i used to fit did, wonder if your fitter removed them, have a look at the top, technically it should look the same as the bottom

Sponsored Links
Well, outside is pretty much the same as the inside. There is no cover, it is just a hole ouside.

As for the brushes, this was my first thought. May be they did not put it there in the first place, I doubt the fitter would have removed them, althought who knows.

The top looks similar to the bottom, the same kind of hole, although slightly different shape.

So, anybody has any idea wrt Building Regs?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back