GARAGE CONVERSION COSTS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all.

we are looking into having a garage conversion as it cant fit the car in and is just full of crap.

i thought 2-3k mayb

got a quote 4-5k

what do you think?

the elecs are already there and light. just needs leveling a windoiw and a new door so will be able to access from house, and plastered etc

thanx

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
between 3 and 5 thousand pounds is normal for a standard internal single garage conversion.

if you have a stand alone garage with its own flat or pitched roof then costs will be higher.

You can probably bodge it for £2-3k, but if you want it done properly and to the required building regs, then expect around £5k

Sponsored Links
This I have not long done myself,but you can cut the costs if you level the floor out yourself, and as you say the electrics are already there if they need moving do it yourself,as I say I did all this myself and just had to get the builders in to brick up half the garage entrance and fit window,then come back the next day to dot and dab then skim it all ,it only cost me £1600 and that was with the materials and another £260 for the window,get a few quotes but the more you do yourself the cheaper it will be

nosall, it did make me laugh but I am referring to poeple like my brother who for example got a garden wall built and was getting quotes, I advised him and offered to help dig the footings out but he could not be bothered then complained like hell over the cost of it,he was quite able to dig out and put footings in but as I said he could not be bothered, as I said,the more you do yourself the cheaper it is........

JOHNBOY42 said:
nosall, it did make me laugh but I am referring to poeple like my brother who for example got a garden wall built and was getting quotes, I advised him and offered to help dig the footings out but he could not be bothered then complained like hell over the cost of it,he was quite able to dig out and put footings in but as I said he could not be bothered, as I said,the more you do yourself the cheaper it is........

no offence J.B. it was a stella induced cheapshot. ;)

I was quoted in excess of 18k for an simple conversion of an integral garage by one of those all in one building firms.

Doing it myself and with an architect producing drawings for building regs, a local electrician, plumber and builder the rest of the work is being done by me, the cost is much less than a third of the above.

Not sure what you would get for 2-3k though?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back