Garage conversion help needed, insulating walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're currently doing a garage conversion, bit of a case of some DIY and tradesmans help. Its 103mm single skin walls, no cavity, etc.

We've entirely blackjacked the walls and floor, 3 coats, laid a 1200 gauge DPM to 30cm, now about to start building a timber frame stud wall with Celotex.....have bought these materials....3"x2" treated timber, 50mm GA4050 Celotex and was planning on building a stud wall with Celotex cut into the 600mm gaps.

However, I'm now being told that leaving a 1" void between Celotex and plasterboard is not sufficient, and that it must be 2".

Any ideas, as I read conflicting stories on different sites, some say 1" and others 2".

Sponsored Links
We're currently doing a garage conversion, bit of a case of some DIY and tradesmans help. Its 103mm single skin walls, no cavity, etc.

However, I'm now being told that leaving a 1" void between Celotex and plasterboard is not sufficient, and that it must be 2".

Any ideas, as I read conflicting stories on different sites, some say 1" and others 2".

Remember this post below my friend???
For us, once bitten, twice shy.
Suggest you continue learning about about interstitial cavities, condensation and trying to cut corners
oldun

Thanks all, I am cracking on. No way I'm going back now or making the room any smaller. Need to get done, so I can move onto our extension.

"show them and tell them its 75mm".....i like the sound of this
B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back