Garage Conversion - How important is floor insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am converting a detached garage to be used as a gym/summerhouse and maybe in the distant future it could be used as an office but that is not definite. It isn't a habitable room and doesn't need BC approval. Windows/doors will bricked up or double glazed. I am insulating the walls and ceiling with 70-100mm Celotex. The base is concrete and I hadn't considered insulating up until now. My question is how much benefit I would get from insulating the floor? Would I see a significant increase? The room will not be completely empty, so I wanted to avoid doing work to the floor (apart from floor tiles at the end), but if the recommendation is to insulate then I will have to work around this.

Sponsored Links
You’d normally want to raise the floor height anyway to around dpc height and to avoid a step down into the garage so makes sense to use insulation to do it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back