Garage Conversion is Freezing!

It's supposed to have insulation pumped into the cavity isn't it, I know as plenty fell out as we cut through the doorway! Perhaps I should get someone to make some holes and fill them back up, but the lower section should definitely have insulation

Sponsored Links
I'll see if I can find anyone local who does refilling, I do remember thinking lots fell out

Google ‘how to balance your radiators’

That will ensure you optimise your house heating, and will make both the rads get warm.

Takes a couple of hours to do it, but it really does work.

Sponsored Links
Since I last posted here and read people's comments I've managed to really improve the heat of the converted room.
The door was a little drafty due to the lock not quite fitting. Did some adjusting and now there's no cold draft.
Also some sockets on the wall adjoining the cavity wall were drafty, due to carving out some hole for a wall-mounted TV to get a feed from the devices below. They're now closed up.
And to top it off I had a plumber friend round to show me how to balance radiators. Every single rad in our 3-storey house was fully open!!! Now the garage room is the most open, the downstairs perhaps a third open, the middle floor less so, and the top floor only open a crack(I'm simplifying and exaggerating it a little perhaps).
You no longer have the feeling of an icebox when you go in there, and we've actually given it a makeover and have started using it like a second lounge, which we couldn't imagine a year ago!

Thanks for feeding back. Good to hear you’ve got the improvements you hoped for.

You’ll probably save money on your heating bill too :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back