Garage Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking to convert our attached garage to a playroom for our 3 year old.

Have done some research on this and did get a quote of around 7k from a local builder but simply don't have the funds at the moment.

My question is how difficult of a task is it to take on? My DIY is average and don't have a timeframe!

Has anyone else done it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Looking to convert our attached garage to a playroom for our 3 year old.

Have done some research on this and did get a quote of around 7k from a local builder but simply don't have the funds at the moment.

My question is how difficult of a task is it to take on? My DIY is average and don't have a timeframe!

Has anyone else done it?

Thanks

Can you not just leave your car in the driveway or the road, keep the garage door locked and then the space inside can be used as a playroom,
Its a cheaper way of doing it,

how long will a three year old want a play room for, will it enhance the resale value of the property not to have a Garage ??

The garage is a wasted space anyway no modern cars fit in them.

Also as it is its not fit for purpose as a playroom as its cold and dusty etc and no door to house.

Also can change its purpose as my child gets older and can become a chilout area!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back