Garage Demolition

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Does anyone have a rough idea how much it would cost to knock a 1 1/2 size garage down? Do I need permission?

Thanks

Jenny
:D

Sponsored Links
About £26.99

http://www.screwfix.com/p/forge-steel-hickory-handle-sledge-hammer-10lb/59378

59378_P

Have you also got a bucket ?

And two strong men - ones who don't speak English will do it a lot cheaper and just as good.

Sponsored Links
Wasn't really the response i was looking for, and i already have one of those!

Its still the best way, is the garage attached to house? is it freestanding? is it brick, wood? what kind of roof does it have? is the car still parked inside it?

More info the better :)

Δ Δ Δ As Snico, says,, More info needed. ;) ;)

isnt it lovely how helpful men can be when a woman asks a question!!!
its a brick built garage which isnt attached to the house, has a felt roof and has never had our cars parked in it, prob not room in there seeing as its obviously full of a woman's stupidity ;) come on guys be useful instead of talking to me like i'm a stupid little woman

:)

But you are dear, or you'd have given the relevant information in the first place.

The demolition part should not be expensive, probably a days labour for one man, two at the most. Removing the debris on the other hand is very expensive, a large skip is between £150 & £200.

You Could offer the broken brick for hardcore, then you wouldnt have to pay for a skip,
or you could try your luck and charge someone for the hardcore,

There'll be plenty of hardcore under the slab if that's coming out as well.
But that won't be done in a day by one fella (unless he turns up in a JCB.....that's a big yellow thing for the li'l lady). :mrgreen:

Grab lorry might be cheaper, they charge by the load and can take a garage easily, might even use the grab to knock the walls in for you.

I'll try and be helpful. If straightforward with good access I reckon three skips will be needed and with labour the cost will be in the range of £900 - £1200 + vat if applicable.

You haven't really given enough info to get a firm answer e.g. if there are electrics to be safely disconnected this will bump up the cost. Whether the floor slab is to be removed or not makes a big difference. Is there access to it on all sides? Are there things that need to be protected? Plus everything else that has been asked. If you want something more precise post a photo and give more info.

If it helps, I suspect they would take the pi55 even more if you were a bloke.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back