Demolish double garage in rear garden - need permission?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We're in the process of buying a house (in Scotland), which has a double garage in the rear garden, and a single way off to the side.
We'd want to knock down the double garage, along with an expanse of concrete, to extend the grass area.

Would we need planning permission to remove the garage? It's probably around 15" from the house, if that makes a difference.

If I can just be cheeky (I know this should be a different forum) and also ask if anyone had an idea of rough cost to demolish and dispose of the waste, that would be fab!

Cheers
Scott

Sponsored Links
1. Probably not unless in conservation area / listed etc.
2. Probably anything between £2-5k maybe more or less - impossible to tell with details provided (or lack of sizes etc)......and local knowledge.

Thanks for that. It's bick with a wood+felt roof, so I'm assuming there's nothing too challenging.

If the bricks come apart quite easily you'll get someone to come along and dismantle it, and remove it for free as bricks are 50p each at a reclaim centre.

Sponsored Links
Ooooohhhh.... that's a thought! OK - will look into that. Cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back