Rebuild demolished garage in garden - permission required?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a garage with my house (behind the drive - corner semi - side street entrance). The garage (pre-fabricated type) depleted over time and was demolished by the previous owner, however, the base is still present.

I'd like to build a new garage in the same place using bricks/blocks, a little wider than the original size and would like to know if I'll need planning permission. The garage is not attached to the house, in fact it it about 10/15m away from the house. The garage is in the corner of 90 degree fence between two separate neighbours, both also have garages, one close to mine (other side of fence and set a little bit back from mine but the two will overlap) and other neighbours is well away from my house!

Any ideas please, my local council is Bury. By the way, my garden is quite large and the proposed garage will not even cover 10% of the gardent land!

Also, can I build straight off the base, which will be strengenthed with mesh and where the walls are to be, the underneath will be dug up like a foundation to provide extra support?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back