Garage door draught excluder

20 Mar 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
We have a Henderson up & over door in our garage. We live near the coast in the north east and needless to say the garage gets very cold at this time of year. There's a 20-30mm gap at each side of the garage door which isn't helping. I'm looking to fit draught excluders and probably insult the door using foil insulation. I've noticed the garage door has a 20-300mm wide rivet/channel which run all round the door. I would imagine this is to house some kind of draught excluder but cannot find anything useful on the internet. I was just wondering if anyone knows where to get them or if the have a special name. If not ill buy the universal aluminium & rubber draught excluders (although they're not very cosmetically appealing).
Sponsored Links
Depends what your wanting to do in your garage!

If your going to spend time in there I'd suggest replace the door with an electric roller one, this removes all the gaps and then you can even seal the bottom with a garage door/floor draught excluder.

Expensive way of doing it but you will gain a slight width on your opening as the door channels usually fit to the outer/inner pillar and not the inside of the opening and you will reduce the draught considerably.
the treadmills in there and the missus want to put some home gym stuff in it. not wanting to spend much on it, just make it a bit warmer and less draughty.
Sponsored Links
Have a look on eBay then :)

Also you 'could' consider hanging a blanket or something similar as well across the width whilst the garage door is not in use just for added insulation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local