Garage door install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We need a door for new garage.
I found a door on eBay for £150 but it's 3cm short of the wall width. Height is ok with small gap. Can it be installed with a inch wide wood to brickwork.
It's a up and over spring type canopy. No metal guides to fit.
I have found cheaper ones but I need it delivering.
How much is it for new door install .. been quoted £600 for Horman up and over. I just needs to be std door nothing fancy.

Sponsored Links
£600 I would say is a very good price for a new one.
Packing out with timber and fixing into the timer is fine

Obviously it depends on size but I have a four point locking horrman and it was supplied and fitted for less than £600 - I have the receipt somewhere but it was a while ago.

The guy who fitted mine worked for the seller and did 2 a day, removing the old one

Obviously it depends on size but I have a four point locking horrman and it was supplied and fitted for less than £600 - I have the receipt somewhere but it was a while ago.

The guy who fitted mine worked for the seller and did 2 a day, removing the old one
How much was it around £500.
Surveys show fitting costs around £200-350 so door itself must be worth about £250-300

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back