Garage door realignment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a second hand Hormann canopy garage door to replace my old door. The Hormann came prehung on a wooden frame, which I have successfully bolted to the brickwork in garage.

The frame is square to the brickwork, but you can see from the picture, the door doesnt appear to be square inside the frame, resulting it catching on one side when it closes. My question is how do straighten the door inside the frame ?

Attachments

• IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    376 KB · Views: 160
Sponsored Links
The frame is "square" to the brickwork but is it - the frame - truly square in itself? You could check by measuring the diagonals of both, and then of the garage door.

Blup

The frame is "square" to the brickwork but is it - the frame - truly square in itself? You could check by measuring the diagonals of both, and then of the garage door.

Blup

thanks for reply. I'm fairly sure the frame is sqaure to brickeork. A spirit level check on all three sides of the frame show it to be square, but the garage door is visually slightly wonky

Then maybe some sort of fillet to hide the gap.

Blup

Sponsored Links
Maybe but bear in mind realigning one side will realign the whole door and may cause binding elsewhere

Blup

Maybe but bear in mind realigning one side will realign the whole door and may cause binding elsewhere

Blup

very true might be more hassle than it's worth. The door works but just catches slightly, and has the unslightly gap ! I just had it in my head that the door could be easily aligned from the spring

It is one of 3 things.
The door is warped.
The frame is just slightly out.
The hinge attachments have sagged in the the frame.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back