Hormann Supermatic II garage door operator - obstruction sensitivity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We recently moved into a house where the garage has a Hormann Supermatic II operator fitted. The initial problem we have, is the gap between the floor and the door when it is closed, so we decided to install some kind of seal for the door.

The gap is 20 to 25mm wide depending on the floor, which means I am not able to use the floor-mount seal (which covers 16mm gap max; see 1st picture). So I purchased the door mounted seal, where a rubber strap is attached to the door edge with an aluminium carrier (see 2nd picture).

s-l500.jpg
s-l640.jpg

The problem I have now is the door simply won't close because as soon as the rubber strap touches the floor it is detected as a obstruction and the door simply bounces back up. I looked into the manual and found that for a up-and-over garage door like ours the max 'close force' is 4, which is my operator's current setting. So here are my questions:

1. Is there is another way to decrease the obstruction detection sensitivity so the door can shut properly?
2. If not, does this mean there is no way I can use the rubber strap? Any Is there another type of seal I could use instead?

Many thanks in advance.

BM

Sponsored Links
This is the same opener as we have. The electric operator needs to relearn the travel and resistances. It is trying to close and thinks something is in the way.

To do this you need to do a reset and the door will then find it’s correct travel. It might take more than one go.

http://abigaragedoors.co.uk/resetting-the-hormann-supramatic-series-2-operator/

Thanks Buck_68. This sounds quite challenging (never dealt with garage door operators before) but if this can solve it for sure I will give it a go.

Thanks Buck_68. This sounds quite challenging (never dealt with garage door operators before) but if this can solve it for sure I will give it a go.
It’s not that difficult at all!

Just follow the 8 structions and you should be fine!

Sponsored Links
It’s not that difficult at all!

Just follow the 8 structions and you should be fine!
Hi Buck_68, I tried what you said and it solved my problem (or part of it).

I was a bit nervous when I just started because the operator went into 'L' mode straightaway rather than doing what the instruction says. But in the end it re-learnt the process anyway. The door now shuts nicely and firmly, but the new problem is it struggles a bit to fight the resistance from the belt before it opens. Just hope it won't do much damage to the motor.

Thanks again for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back