Garage door prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where I may get a fair quote on a garage door?
I have just been quoted £4300 to supply and install a 4.7x2.1m 4 panel door. You can buy a quality used car for that over some panels a motor and cheapo galvanised rails it doesn't add up.

Sponsored Links
Try Rollerdoor based in Norwich. I had one of their doors for a standard garage for about £1200 it was 8 years ago though.

Garolla advertise a basic cost of around £900 for a single so even at double that it should not touch anywhere near the quote you have had. I think the operators are franchisees so check online for your nearest.

Or do what I did, DIY install. Track down an actual supplier of the components, to the door fitters. A few years ago, but my remote control roller cost around 400 - 450, cut to size, complete kit and ready to fit. It took me a day to install.

Sponsored Links
Costco have a special on for garage doors this month. £1200 fitted but only up to 2.5m wide.

I bought a garage door and fitted it myself. Think I paid about £400 delivered about 12 years ago (manual opening). It's an easy job, they arrive completely assembled, you just screw them in, needs two people, me and the missus did it without any hassle.

Obviously have a decent frame ready, it's a good opportunity to replace rotten timber. L-shaped PVC profile looks good to clad it - again, a good opportunity to get the measurements right to fit this.

Just be bloody careful removing the old one, you need to ensure the tension in any raising springs is removed before disconnecting. Brain required.

The hardest job was sawing up the old door with an angle grinder so it would fit in the car, but not a big deal.

You'll also need power if you're going motorised. Easy if you already have power in the garage, a bit more work if not.

Just be bloody careful removing the old one, you need to ensure the tension in any raising springs is removed before disconnecting. Brain required.

Having begun with hinged timber doors, swapped to up 'n over, then finally a remote motorised roller, I would never consider any but the latter type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back