Garage fascia vents ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks to some great advice further down was not sure if i should start a new thread or not as answers may help others in future (Saw a similar post from two years but although someone sorted it they sadly did not say how).

Needing some venting for a single garage which has no soffits,just boards connected direct to joist.Just wondered is there such a thing as a fascia that has a built in vent i could just replace my fascia with ? May need some kind of hooding i guess to stop rain but is there such a thing ? Pics included of fascia we have.

Many thanks all (Especially to Woody for helping so much in last post).
IMG_0324.JPG

Sponsored Links
I suspect that vents in fascia's, apart from being damn ugly, would let blown rain into the roof void and onto the wall below

Did see this today and spoke to a builder who said its a way round but the rain blowing in is the main fear.Yeah do not look so pretty either.Thinking mushroom vents may be the only answer.

img_3172.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could remove the fascia if it wasn't too hard and fit a new one with some over fascia vent strips screwed to the top of it. May I ask why u need to do this? Has a problem arisen?

Yes of course you can ask Mw . Basically just an issue with Building control regarding ventilation or a cold rood in a garage i am converting to a bedroom in thye gf's house.The gent was not very helpful and was almost insisting on a warm deck which would have added a huge amount more onto the budget and especially as the roof had only been updated 5 years back.It has no soffits and plenty of others in the area seemed to have got away with it but for some reason we cant in terms of no vents but looking like the "Mushroom" vents will be the way forward then i will do the 100mm celotex with 50mm across joists and Vapour control (Of course leaving the 50mm gap at top otherwise the mushrooms may well be a bit pointless ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back