Garage flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a bit of a problem in my garage; during heavy rain it floods part of one side. The side in question is actually joined to the neighbour's garage (although they're offset so my garage sticks out further) and is slightly higher than the other side which joins on to my house.

Having little experience in this type of thing I'm not sure where the "problem" lies although I think it might have something to do with how the floor and wall aren't joined -- there's about 2cm of soil between them which seems to be very moist. Trouble is, I don't know if this is cause or affect.

I took a few photos (it's dryed out a bit since yesterday), whether they'll help identify the problem I don't know:

View media item 8008
View media item 8009
View media item 8010

Any ideas would be welcome,

Damien

Sponsored Links
It looks like the slab has been put in after the wall which explains the gap . This is where the water is coming in so ideally you could tackle the problem on the outside if you have access to the area affected or rake out the soil as low as possible and fill the joint with a mix of strong mortar or concrete which should help but maybe won't cure it completely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back