Garage Flooding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

For a number of years now I've had a problem with my garage flooding, my driveway slopes towards the house. Originally when the driveway was layed a soak away was put in, it still flooded. I then got the driveway chap back and he fitted a pipe into the main manhole cover for rainwater. This helped a lot. Now and then when we get the massive downpours I still get a flooded garage floor, I always thought it was the amount of rain coming off the roof and coming down the drive but recently I've discovered its not that.
I am in a row of houses that slope right to left, it appears that my house is that last in the row for the drains that then go into the main sewers so my rain water drains are servicing lots of house up the hill. The other day I was able to see that all the water was actually coming up from the main rain water drains onto my drive which then floods the garage.
I'm not sure what I can do about this, I was wondering if its something I could speak to the water company or the council about ? Would they actually do anything for me ?

Any advice would be great.

Many Thanks,

Marvin

Sponsored Links
If these drains are on the highway and cause water to overflow on your land, then the council are responsible for sorting them out. Give the highways section a call and ask for an engineers to visit to investigate

If they are on your land, then they would be your responsibility to sort out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back