garage floor paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wan to paint my garage floor. I am putting down a screed first as the levels are out. I have used single part paints in the past but they don't last very long. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There is a specific paint called 'garage floor paint' but it is very expensive.

Unless your garage floor will be subjected to all kinds of oily abuse, I would seriously consider putting down a cheap cord carpet in there in whatever colour you wish. (Pref. a dark one). Replace every few years if need be. Garage floors are are a pain.

I bought a garage floor paint kit from Home Depot (or maybe Lowe's ?) a few years ago, and the paint job still looks good. It seems like the kit was $60 or so?

I bought a garage floor paint kit from Home Depot (or maybe Lowe's ?) a few years ago, and the paint job still looks good. It seems like the kit was $60 or so?

Thanks for that, but unfortunately the USA is rather a long way to go for some garage floor paint. (This is a UK site).

Sponsored Links
Lidls have a "Rubber" concrete floor paint in at the moment.

I think its 14.99 for 5 lt.

Dont know anything about it but it looked interesting

Carpet is warmer on your feet in winter and things don't break as easily when dropped.

Proper Preparation

Start with a apple-pie barn floor. Don't just ambit it out. Take aggregate off the attic and abrade it down. Protect your walls with artificial sheeting. You can hire a burden washer or beef cleaner or use a abrade besom and a abundant assignment cleaner. Be abiding to bathe thoroughly.

Patch any holes and cracks; apprehend instructions on the application kit about how continued to acquiesce the patches to cure. The accurate should be at atomic 60 canicule old afore you administer the paint.

Next you'll charge to compose the apparent of the accurate with the carving actual supplied in the adhesive acrylic kit. Let this dry and you're accessible to paint.

Apply the Epoxy

Mix the acrylic and the epoxy, afterward the admonition on your kit. Acrylic a bound about the barn aboriginal with a 3 or 4 inch paintbrush, alive the acrylic into corners and cracks. Use a acrylic roller with an addendum handle to cycle on the blow of the paint, alive in sections and feathering the acrylic in anniversary area as if you were painting a wall.

If you're application blush flakes, which advice beard imperfections in the concrete, administer them while the acrylic is still wet. Sprinkle them analogously over the apparent of the wet paint.

If you plan to add a additional coat, delay 12 to 24 hours amid coats.

Add the Topcoat

Mix the top covering according to amalgamation admonition and administer it the aforementioned way you did the paint-epoxy mix, application a besom in bend and forth edges, and a roller in the middle. The cape will go on white but will dry clear.

You now accept a admirable new barn floor. You can airing on it afterwards 24 hours, but delay 72 hours afore you esplanade your car on it.

“Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen closely.”

http://www.pinspire.com.au/salliehayden
http://www.yourlocalbathrooms.com.au/shower-decoration/

Germans and Barns dont go down well with us brits. :O(

Ha! I love the 'Be abiding to bathe thoroughly'!

I do, I do! I abide in the bathroom muchly longtime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back