Garage Roof Insulations Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hope someone can help me.

I have a garage that is being rebuilt as a playroom and about to insulate roof. The roof construction form top down is:

Coroline
Breathable Membrane
OSB /Sterling Board Deck
Rafters

If I insulate from the underneath between the rafters do I need to leave an air gap between the insulation and the underneath of the OSB deck? My inclinination is not as I do not want any condensation there on the OSB.

Also it seems like sapceblanket would be the easiet DIY option rather than celotex any views on this?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
OK. After some internet research - looks like I have a cold roof design so 50mm celotex with 50mm ventilation space is the way forward.

As I want the celotex level with the bottom of the rafters and fulsh against the plaster board, where does the lighting wiring run? Can it run in the cold ventilation space?

If you are going to use those materials top down coroline, osb or ply celotex, osb then joists, forget breather membrane.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back