Garage roof material choice?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently looking at getting new concrete sectional garage built.
Is there any useful difference other than looks between the various roofing options.. corrugated cement sheets, plastisol steel with felt backing, or insulated steel sheets?

Cement sheets and steel with felt backing seem to be similar in price, but the insulated sheets are a fair bit more expensive..
use case for the garage will be car storage, and also additional freezer/tumble dryer.

Sponsored Links
Corrugated cement sheets are quite fragile, but they can last forever. Steel is I think guaranteed to last 10 years. I replaced asbestos with steel after using steel for the first time 15 years ago on an extension to my garage - a workshop/ motorbike garage. There was no evidence of corrosion at all, so more recently I replaced the asbestos on the garage, with more steel. Both steel and cement do suffer from condensation, especially driving a wet car in in cold weather - so worthwhile getting the insulated versions. I didn't and ended up adding insulation later.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back