Garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

A friend has just bought a house and he is having some issues with the garage.

It has a pent roof of around 5 degrees and has steel profile sheets on. It is not in very good condition anyway and he is getting damp on the underside and wants to completely renew it.

Would buying the insulated sheets stop this dampness? Someone told him to use them, but I can't see what difference this would do as there is no heating in the garage, so it will still be just as cold in there.

I've also read up that the roof timbers should be covered in timber sheets, then apply roofing felt before fixing the steel sheets.

What is the correct way to this for a long term solution.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You want anti condensation sheets and allow a small air flow through the garage. A good stockist will have these.

Thanks for the advice.

I've just contacted a company who do these sheets and he explained exactly what they do.

He said they are an update to boarding and felting before laying the sheets.

They work out a lot cheaper than the older method as well. They also come in lengths that will cover the garage in one, without any overlapping.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back