Garage roof too shallow, causing damp wall...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My garage is detached from the house, and is around 4M wide and 6M deep. The roof is single pitched and done in what looks like a modern form of corrugated metal. It's very similar to this:

medium_tGarage_in_Raphael_Ave_Romford_Small.jpg

The problem seems to be that the drop is only around 4cm across the entire 4M width. In light rain this appears to cause the rain to reach the edge then run backwards on the underside of the metal, in to the wall, rather than forming droplets and landing in the guttering.

So, all the render has blown, and the inside of that wall is always wet in winter (despite it having DPC at the bottom of the walls etc)

Are there any tricks to solving this? I was considering running a bead of silicone under the roof at the lip so that the water wouldn't be able to run back on itself, but I'm not sure how long it'd last.

Cheers

Gary

Sponsored Links
You can get filler units to suit the profile of the sheets.

Have you checked it is not condensation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back