garage roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im having the corrugated asbestos taken off my garage roof tommorrow and im trying to decide the easiest/cheapest way to replace it.

Has anyone used corrugated plastic? is it strong enough? The gaps between purlins on my roof timbers are larger than recommended for the plastic roofing(800mm as opposed to 600mm), can i get away with it do you think ?

Has anyone got any experience of working with corrugated plastic?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
You get what you pay for, corrugated plastic is the cheapest way of doing it but in the long run could cost you more as they harden over the years and brittle.They also need a lot more support plus the screw/cap never seem to fit properly without squashing the sheet down etc.

The triple polycabonate roofing would be more suitable but more expensive. The other one which is slightly dearer than corrugated sheeting is Bitumen Corrugated Sheet available from Wickes.

ok thanks, i will consider spending a bit more maybe, just cant decide...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back